What Are the 5 Types of Cyber Security?
Cybersecurity, which is also known as information security, is protecting electronic information by easing information risks and vulnerabilities. These type of information risks can include unauthorized access, use, disclosure, interception, or destruction of data. Data can include, but is not limited to:
– Confidential business information
– Personal health information
– Intellectual property
– Customer data
– Employee data
There are five main types of cybersecurity:
1. Application security: This type of security focuses on protecting applications from attacks. This can be done through code review, static and dynamic application security testing, and secure coding practices.
2. Data security: This type of security focuses on protecting data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, interception, or destruction. Data security measures can include data encryption, data masking, and data loss prevention.
3. Infrastructure security: This type of security focuses on protecting networks, servers, and other infrastructure from attacks. This can be done through firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and vulnerability management.
4. Endpoint security: This type of security focuses on protecting devices such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets from malicious software and other threats. This can be done through antivirus and anti-malware software, mobile device management, and user education.
5. Cybercrime prevention: This type of security focuses on preventing cybercriminals from committing crimes such as identity theft, fraud, and phishing. This can be done through law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as well as private sector organizations. Cybercrime prevention measures can also include public awareness campaigns and security software.
Cybersecurity is a growing concern for businesses and individuals alike. As the use of technology increases, so do the risks of cyberattacks. By understanding the five main types of cybersecurity, businesses and individuals can better protect themselves from these attacks.